New info just dropped on Under Armour’s first actual attempt at an “in-the-box” cross training shoe. They’ve had a decent effort before with the Charged Ultimate, but nothing has really hit the mark as something everyone would want to use on a daily basis. Hopefully these new shoes change all that – I think they look great and I especially like the 2mm offset!
PRODUCT DNA (Per underarmour.com
- Built for intense workouts with a tough ripstop material, durable mesh for lightweight support and all-around abrasion resistance
- UA TriBase™ in the outsole maximizes ground contact where your foot needs it the most, providing superior upward flexibility to promote natural motion and downward flexibility to grip the ground during lifts
- External heel counter for increased stability and locked-in heel
- Full-length Micro G® foam midsole for the ultimate in responsive cushioning
- Full-rubber outsole wraps the lateral and medial sides for greater durability
- Strategic rubber build under the toe box for a more powerful floor grip
- Low to the ground construction allows for greater feel and power transfer
- Non-removable insole
- Offset: 2mm
- Weight: 10.3 oz.
- MSRP: $120 USD
Looks like they’re going with the traditional construction route rather than going with a drop-in midsole like the Charged Ultimate.
TriBase platform looks interesting, both visually and functionally. Hopefully it retains all the flexibility without losing too much in the way of stability.
I was a fan of the Micro-G midsole in the Project Rock 1’s so I’m glad to see them making an appearance here; it should feel a bit firmer combined to the rubber outsole.
Forefoot flexgrooves and a toe cap in conjunction with a ripstop fabric upper.
The weight is on the low side at 10.2oz in comparison to some of the other top training shoes!
I’m very excited for these shoes and glad that Under Armour is finally taking the functional fitness shoe game seriously. I’ll have a pair in my hands very soon, so definitely expect a review!
They come out on the 26th of December! Mark your calendars because the drop will be hot!